Saturday, January 30, 2010

First Day

Today was my first day of retirement. My time is my own now. Woke up early, as usual, and went with Aaron (my son, for those that don't know) and traveled up to the Newton, Mass. City Hall to find that EurasianGreen-winged Teal that has been present for some time, and that I have nothad the time to go see. Today, this bright sunny, cold day we arrivedaround 8:58 AM, parked the car, and went down to the river that flows infront of the city hall. At first, all we saw were Canada geese, mallards,and a few black ducks. Then, there was a small duck, swimming down themiddle of the river, it was a female green-winged Teal, and landing right behind her, was this beautiful Eurasian Green Winged Teal. I had a good view of him with my binoculars, and then took multiple pictures of the birds. We finished up at the Newton City Hall and headed home, first stopping at a delicatessen for some good corned beef to have for lunch. I spent the rest of the day, editing photographs in Photoshop and relaxing. Tomorrow is another day, more to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment