Friday, April 23, 2010

Update

I am going to be participating in bird-a-thon For the Massachusetts Audubon Society, representing the Allens Pond sanctuary. This is a 24 hour event, which will start at 6 PM on Friday, May 14 and will finish on Saturday, May 15 at 6 PM. This is to help raise money for conservation efforts of the Mass Audubon Society. Donations are welcome, and you can place the donations online at my website http://www.firstgiving.com/myerbornstein.




On my Flickr site there are a number of new photographs and all comments are appreciated. The URL is http://www.flickr.com/photos/photobee1/.



This has been the interesting birding week. Monday, Aaron and I went to East Boston, where we watched the Monk Parakeets. Wednesday and Thursday I birdied the Allens Pond sanctuary. The piping plovers, and a number of the other birds were very cooperative for photo taking and I obtained a number of good images.
 


Today, I am getting ready for my trip to West Virginia for a week long birding experience at the New River Birding and Nature Festival. This takes place around the New River Gorge National River. It involves daily birding trips to many different locales and an evening program. Hopefully I will see a number of new birds and add to my life list.



That's all for today, and hopefully will report on my blog to you all next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment