Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Red-shouldered Hawk

After the bird walk last Saturday, I went with my friend, Paul Champlin, to his house where in a tree very close to the house there is a Red-shouldered Hawk nest. There are two chicks in the nest. Both the adults and chicks are visible from the yard. However, I would've loved to have had one of the trucks that telephone lineman use in order to get up to the level of the nest so I could photograph it straight on or slightly down into it. But, since this was not the case I had a be satisfied in photographing them from the yard. I am planning on returning almost weekly to photograph the growth of these chicks.


Red-shoulder hawk  & Chick _ROT3449 May 21, 2011 NIKON D3S Red-shouldered Hawk and Chick
Red-shoulder hawk  _ROT3486 May 21, 2011 NIKON D3S  Red-shouldered Hawk
Red-shouldewr hawk  _ROT3437 May 21, 2011 NIKON D3S  Red-shouldered Hawk
Red-shouldewr hawk chick _ROT3429 May 21, 2011 NIKON D3S  Red-shouldered Hawk Chick
Red-shouldewr hawk chick _ROT3432 May 21, 2011 NIKON D3S Red-shouldered Hawk Chick

No comments:

Post a Comment