Friday, August 12, 2011

Snowy Egret "Dancing"

It is Thursday, the day that I go out birding with my colleague Doug. Today we decided to go down and bird and for me to photograph Sachuest Marsh and Sachuest National Wildlife Refuge in Middletown Rhode Island. Doug and I try to visit once a week different locations in southeastern New England far as to bird and photograph. Because migration is starting with the shorebirds and Sachuest marsh is a good gathering spot so that is why we visited here today.

The most interesting portion of today was observing a snowy egret feeding. Most of the time that I have observed snowy egrets they have either been just sitting on the marsh or catching small fish or amphibians to feed on.

Today the snowy egret put on a show jumping and "dancing" on the water, just like reddish egret's performance in Florida. And I did not have to go to Florida to observe the performance.

You just have to watch and observe that creatures that are around us.

So look at this slide video

of the egret dancing and also look at these additional photographs of the show that this snowy egret put on for me.Snowy Egret D7K_2802 August 11, 2011 NIKON D7000Snowy Egret D7K_2814 August 11, 2011 NIKON D7000Snowy Egret Snowy Egret Dance D7K_2818 August 11, 2011 NIKON D7000

.

No comments:

Post a Comment