Saturday, December 22, 2012

Postprocessing and NIK Software

This morning, I decided to work on some pictures that I took this summer of the boats that were moored at MacMillan's Pier in Provincetown Harbor.  I captured a five image bracket of a boat and exported to NIK HDR Efex Pro 2 and had the software create an HDR image and then I did some adjustments to the picture utilizing one of the NIK presets as a starting point and then adjusted it to my taste.

I then selected one of the photographs from the bracketed series and first adjusted it in light room, then exported it also into NIK HDR Efex Pro 2 and utilized one of +Jason Odell's presets, that I obtained by purchasing his guide to HDR Efex Pro 2.  I then adjusted the picture by utilizing all the sliders and control points to produce the image that I visualized.

For me, NIK software is a valuable tool in helping me to post process my photographs

The Photographer's Guide to HDR Efex Pro 2 by Jason Odell is available from http://luminescentphoto.com/webstore/index.html

Original file

Five image bracket, combined into HDR by NIK HDR Efex Pro 2 and then with my adjustments
Post processing first with Light Room, then with a Jason Odell preset in NIK HDR Efex Pro 2, then with my adjustments  
Again to my readers, which one of the three to you like the best.  I do believe photography is a art and that post processing on a computer is the same.  What I used to do working in a dark room without all the chemicals.

So again, happy holidays to everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment