Monday, January 21, 2013

Picture of the Month - January 2012

Beach Loop at Allens Pond Audubon Sanctuary
I am going to start a new project on my blog. I will pick out one picture from each month and relate the story behind it. I am going to start with 2012 and present one image per month that corresponds to the present month. For 2013, the image will be presented in the month following the present month.

This picture was taken at one of my favorite spots, Allens Pond Audubon Sanctuary in Dartmouth Massachusetts. It was January 1, 2012 New Years Day, the weather was nice with temperatures in the high 40s and the annual beach ramble was taking place.

The picture is looking along the beach toward the granite rocky overlook, with people enjoying walking on the beach and looking out over Buzzards Bay. It was great seeing people out enjoying the natural beauty of our area.

This picture was taken handheld,, first post processed in Lightroom and then in NIK HDR Pro as a single image and adjusted to give me my impression of the day.

Limited Edition Print is Available Please e-mail me

No comments:

Post a Comment