Saturday, February 16, 2013

Photo Review, Post Processing, and Sandhill Cranes

Sandhill Crane coming in for landing
One thing that I have found enjoyable is going back and reviewing old pictures in my catalog.  I have found many that are out of focus, that I should have deleted originally, but I was in the habit of keeping all my pictures.  So, part of my review is getting rid of those out of focus pictures, but, the main part is working on those pictures that I did not work on before, along with re-processing some of my other pictures.  The reason for this is as I have developed new skills in utilizing the post-processing potential of Lightroom 4 along with Photoshop CS 6 plus the plug-ins from NIK software, Topaz, etc., I am able to give new meanings to my pictures.

I have just reprocessed a set of pictures from Bosque del Apache Of Sandhill Cranes.  Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge in New Mexico is a wintering ground for the Sandhill Cranes and in fact, every November, there is a week long.  "Festival of the Cranes"

Observing these magnificent birds from them resting in pools to their flight and landing and then feeding in the corn fields is a sight to behold.  Possibly this coming year, I can make it back to Bosque del Apache for the enjoyment, thrill and photographic possibilities that are available.

If you are going to travel to Bosque del Apache, not with a instructional group, then I recommend Artie Morris's site guide to Bosque that is available at https://store.birdsasart.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=72.
Sandhill Cranes in tandem flight

Running start

Preparing to land

Sandhill Cranes Trumpeting

Juvenile wing spread

Jump

Sandhill Cranes, Snow Geese in the Early Morning Mist

No comments:

Post a Comment