Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Comet PanSTARRS - See No, Picture Yes

Comet PanSTARRS (right lower quadrant) and the Crescent Moon
Tonight my grandson, a new friend Ramsey and I were at Horseneck beach, hoping to see and photograph the comet PanSTARRS.  We were there.  Prior to sunset and was set up, looking at the horizon and wondering if we would see the comet because of the clouds on the horizon.  As the sun set and it slowly got darker the Crescent moon first appeared and we Looking near the Crescent moon for signs of the comet.  We continue to take pictures and even reviewing them in the camera, we did not see any signs of a comet.  Finally, it was really dark, and did not see either with our eyes or binoculars the comet.

When I got home and and downloaded the pictures into my computer and looked at him on the last couple of pictures, behold, there was the comet.  Although, I did not see it, I did capture it with my camera.
Comet PanSTARRS

No comments:

Post a Comment