Thursday, May 30, 2013

Lightning Storm

Lightning over the Complex
Last night, here at home, we had a great lightning storm.  It woke me from a sound sleep and I missed photographing the first part of the storm.  Because my condominium front porch has a awning over it, I can set up my camera in relative safety and also keep it dry.  I utilized the Lightning Bug by MK Controls to trigger my camera.  The Lightning Bug is available from Hunts Photo.  You also need to buy the appropriate cable to attach to your camera.  It comes with an easy set of directions to follow.  It is also important to experiment with the different settings.


This storm, gave me the best pictures of lightning that I have taken here at home.  I would love to be in a place that has a wide open Vista to photograph a lightning storm, but I will do with what I have until I can be in that special place.

Lightning over the Complex

Lightning over the Complex

Lightning over the Complex

Two picture composite of lightning

No comments:

Post a Comment