Thursday, March 3, 2016

Brief Review of the Nikkor 200 – 500 Mm F/5.6 Lens



Yesterday I received my new lens, the Nikkor 200 – 500 mm f/5.6 lens, and today I took it out for its first run.  the reasons I chose this lens is that the f-stop is 5.6 to its entire length, comfortable to handhold for me compared to the Sigma and Tamron 150-600 mm lenses which also have a variable f-stop through its range.  The Nikkor lens is solidly built; it is easy to zoom.  There is a lock at 200 mm to keep the lens from extending from its weight.  I think Nikon outdid themselves with this lens.

The first picture I took today was of some construction equipment that was around a mile away and the picture would out blowing it up appeared to be sharp.

It was a quiet day down at sachuest, so I only had some photographs of a crow and then whitetail deer.  the crow was sitting up in a tree, and this picture is probably a 40% crop.

the first pair of deer that we saw was lying down in the grass be insulated from the wind and enjoying the sunshine.

The last set of deer were walking near the path and slowly feeding as they made their way back into the underbrush.

So far I am impressed with this lens, but need to get more pictures to finalize my conclusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment