Sunday, May 15, 2016

Bird-a-Thon 2016

Starting 6 PM Friday Evening until 6 PM Saturday Evening, Doug and I participated as a team in the 2016 Bird-A-Thon of the Massachusetts Audubon Society.  We were one of the teams from Allens Pond Audubon Sanctuary.

Friday evening we started out at Jenney Pond and Nelson Beach in Plymouth and then travel to Cumberland fields in Middleborough/Halifax where we got rained out with a downpour.  We started the next morning at Mount Auburn Cemetery, which is an excellent place for birding or just visiting.  With all the flowers and trees in bloom.  It is beautiful right now.  After Mount Auburn, we traveled up to Concord to Great Meadows National Wildlife Sanctuary, and we finished off birding around Assawompset Pond in Lakeville.  Doug had to go home for a family dinner, and I traveled out To Allens Pond so that I could present our list.  We had 71 different species, and I added one more while I was at Allens Pond, for a total of 72 different species.  The sanctuary teams combined for 149 different species.


I would appreciate a donation of $.10 per species or whatever you can afford.  All the money raised goes to help the sanctuary to continue to provide events and upkeep for the property.  You can donate on my fundraising page at http://bit.ly/1NuWpWX.  I thank you all very much and hope you enjoy the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment