Monday, November 29, 2010

Bosque Del Apache National Wildlife Refuge

I had an enjoyable weeks experience at Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge in San Antonio New Mexico. I was on an Arthur Morris IPT (instructional photo tours) taking on an average of 1500 pictures per day and learning how to improve improve my photography. All instructors were excellent and included besides Artie Morris, Denise Ippolito, Robert O'Toole, Peter Kes, and Jim Heupel.

We were up before sunrise every morning and on the road by 5:30 AM so we could be at the refuge before sunrise. The morning temperatures range from cool to freezing with the temperature on our last day at 11°F. Earlier in the week. The wind was subtly but at the end of the week in the morning it was from the north and really chilled you to the bone. However, days warmed up, the sun was shining, the scenery gorgeous and the animals and birds were there.

Picture taking ranged from taking sharp images to doing creative blurs. Each type of picture has its own technique to make it perfect and requires a different mindset.

I would recommend Bosque as a place to visit especially in November when the sandhill cranes and snow geese are there in large numbers.







Besides the cranes and geese, there were large numbers of blackbirds, along with deer, coyotes, prairie dogs and many different types of ducks.

I am attaching a few of the images that I took.  They range from scenics to the abstract.

1 comment:

  1. Nice images Myer, We had a great time in Bosque. I wish I got the Praire dog images too!!

    ReplyDelete