Monday, November 7, 2011

Contest Winners

Today I am going to pat myself on the back. 

This fall, I received the best in show award from the Friends of National Wildlife Refuges of, Rhode Island for my picture of a snowy egret preening.Snowy EgretD7K_0673-Edit-2

Yesterday, Massachusetts Audubon society held a reception for the finalists in their Picture This: The Great Outdoors photo contest.  There was 24 finalists chosen from over 2400 entries.  The awards were: Two Grand Prize Winners (one Adult and one Student);Two Winners for Best Mass Audubon Wildlife Sanctuary Photo (one Adult and one Student);
and 20 Honorable Mentions (10 Adults and 10 Students).  My photograph of a funnel-weaving spider was one of the honorable mention winners.Funnel Weaving Spider_ROT9598 August 08, 2011 NIKON D3S

Here are Photographs Of Me With the picture And with the award certificate.me pic_D3C8525

Me_D3C8538

All the Honorable Mention adult winners along with  Ms. Laura A. Johnson, President of Massachusetts Audubon Society

roup_D3C8527

 

All the Winning photographs will be available to view on the Mass Audubon Site  http://www.massaudubon.org/picturethis/winners.php later this week

 

..

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your recognition. I would have awarded you a first place :-)

    ReplyDelete