Monday, December 19, 2011

Post Processing with NIK Plug-ins

As I promised earlier, in my last blog, I am going to show some of the changes that you can create a post processing, utilizing NIK Color Efex Pro 4.  The first filter that I am going to use is an adjustment developed by Arthur Morris as described in his blog, http://www.birdsasart-blog.com/2011/12/18/nik-color-efex-pro-4-tip/.  This is using and adjusted Tonal Contrast filter along with the White Neutralizer filter.  As he described in his blog I created a recipe to do without any difficulty and made it easier to repeat the action
Here is the original image without any processing- ROT_0473 December 18, 2011 NIKON D3S
- ROT_0473 NIK Color TC WE December 18, 2011 NIKON D3SThis is the image After applying The above filter.
- ROT_0473 NIK Color TC WE DE December 18, 2011 NIKON D3SAfter I utilize the above filter, I applied the Detail Extractor filter to the image.
- ROT_0473 NIK Color TC WE DE Viv December 18, 2011 NIKON D3SFinally, I went to VIVEZA and put a control point onto the snowy owl, to brighten its image, since the day was very overcast and it was snowing.
the changes that were applied subtle but did make the image better in my opinion..

Plug-ins, including NIK and TOPAZ, to end up making your post processing life easier and your pictures better.  NIK plug-ins work in both Windows and Macintosh and can be utilize In Photoshop, Aperture, and Light Room...

No comments:

Post a Comment