Saturday, January 21, 2012

Snow Scenics at Duxbury Beach

We just had the first significant snowstorm since October, at which time I was in Philadelphia.  We average about 3 to 4 inches and it all occurred during the night.  In the morning I travel down to Duxbury beach in another attempt to photograph the snowy owl.  While traveling down the beach, I noticed how beautiful their area was with the snow cover, so I decided to stop and photograph the beauty of the scenes.
These first scenics were taken just prior to sunrise and the blue color accentuates the coldness of the scene.
Dunes covered with Snow
Marsh
Tracks
The next scenic was taken with my 300 mm lens of Gurnet Light with the snow on it. Gurnet Light after a Snow Storm I processed this image as a tone-mapped image in NIK HDR and then utilize NIK Color Efex Pro to help highlight the snow.




After the Sun came up, looking down the road, I like the pattern of the tire tracks, my shadow and the person in red in the distance.Tracks and Shadow
Another single tone-mapped image of my favorite tree on the beach, I utilized my wide-angle lens for this picture and I went low to give it the depth that I wanted.
Tree after snaoiw storm







My final picture is a gnarled old cypress.  I really would love to have gotten the snowy owl on this tree.- Gnarled Tree ROT_3709 January 20, 2012 NIKON D3S

No comments:

Post a Comment