Monday, August 6, 2012

A Morning at Daniel Webster Sanctuary

I decided to visit the Daniel Webster Sanctuary in Marshfield, Massachusetts, the other morning for some bird watching and photography.  I spent most of the morning in the morning observation blind. 
The Pond at Daniel Webster Sanctuary
View from the blind

Well I was walking to the blind and leaving the blind, I did stop and photograph the Purple Martins. 
Purple Martin - Progne subis subis,"Feed Me"










I captured a nice image of a Willow/Alder flycatcher.  These species are hard to tell apart, except by their vocalization.  This bird did not vocalize so I have to accept that as a either/or.  An interesting fact is that these flycatchers used to be classified as one species and was known as the (Trail's) flycatcher.

Willow?Alder FlycatcherWillow?Alder Flycatcher

I did obtain a picture of a life dragonfly-- Needham's Skimmer
.
Needham's Skimmer (Libellula needhami)

In all, it was a beautiful morning to be out observing nature and photographing the natural beauty around us.
 _D8C6854 August 04, 2012 NIKON D800
Song Sparrow
Brown Thrasher - Toxostoma rufum
Brown Thrasher
"Noise Makers"
"Noise Makers"
painted Turtle - Chrysemys picta
Painted Turtle with Duckweed
Water Lilies
Water Lillies

No comments:

Post a Comment