Monday, August 6, 2012

Sun, Moon, Clouds, and Fog

You never know what a day will bring.  After missing out on the sunset because of heavy fog, I decided to go the next morning to see if I could obtain the sunrise over Buzzards Bay.  Arriving at Gooseberry Neck on the Weston side.  There was still clouds and fog present.  As in the previous blog on the eastern side the black scoters were there and I decided to photograph them.  After I finish photographing the black scoters,  I walked across the parking lot and down onto the beach on the West side.  And behold, there was the Sun's disk in the fog and clouds.  It was like looking at the sun with an appropriate filter.  I utilize my 500 mm lens with the converter that was on it to obtain this image.  There are 2 spots on the sun's disk that I was wondering if they were sunspots, since these spots did not show up on any other picture that I obtained with the lens.
The Sun
Behind me, the sky cleared and the Moon was present along with some clouds.
 _D8C7167 August 05, 2012 NIKON D800 _D8C7178 August 05, 2012 NIKON D800
I change from my long lens to wide-angle lens to show the clouds and fog that was still present in the area.
looking toward East Beach in Westport
 _D8C7192-Edit August 05, 2012 NIKON D800
Across Buzzards Bay
 _D8C7195 August 05, 2012 NIKON D800 _D8C7200 August 05, 2012 NIKON D800

No comments:

Post a Comment