After we finished photographing The Race Point Lighthouse and return to Provincetown, we traveled down the road to North Truro to visit Highland Light. Highland Light or as formerly known Cape Cod Light is the oldest and tallest lighthouse on Cape Cod. The first lighthouse was authorized and 1797 by George Washington and operated until 1857, when it was to demolish because it was dangerous and the present lighthouse was constructed. The lighthouse is not located on its original site, but was moved 450 feet to the West due to erosion of the cliffs. This occurred in July 1996. It is now located on the grounds of Highland Golf Course.
The towers 66 feet in height and is attached to the keepers quarters, which is now used as a museum.
We photographed the lighthouse at night, in order to include the milky way in the photograph and then we returned in the morning to photograph the lighthouse at sunrise.