Race Point Light original tower was first built in 1816 of white rubblestone and it was torn down in 1875 and replace with the existing tower. The present tower is made of iron plate with brick interior. It is 45 feet in height and ritually had a fourth order Fresnel lens. Presently the lens is a solar powered Vega VRB-25. It is one of the three lighthouses located at the tip of Cape Cod. The other two are Wood End Light and Long Point Light.
Long Point Lighthouse marks the entrance to Provincetown Harbor and can only be visited by boat or by foot. It is visible to people traveling on the will watch boats out of Provincetown. Between Long Point Light and Race Point Light is Wood End Light.
|Wood End Light as seen from the water|