Wednesday, December 26, 2012

First 10 Favorite Photographs of 2012


It is coming to the end of 2012, and like a lot of other photographers, I'm trying to pick out my best 10 pictures of the year.  I having a tough time and so I decided on my top 20 pictures.  I will present the pictures into separate blogs of 10 photographs in each blog.

Migrate granddaughter Abby on her fifth birthday

Black skimmer taken on the Gulf coast of Texas during a trip to photograph the whooping cranes.  I like this photograph.  Because of the skimmer having its wings spread and its mouth open

Photograph taken at Allens Pond Stone Barn of the Geminids meteor shower

Photograph taken at Allens Pond Stone Barn of the Geminids meteor shower.  Taken with a fish-eye lens

Cathedral Falls, near Gauley Bridge in West Virginia a great area for scenics and for birding. 

And another fisheye view of the night sky and a meteor taken at the Stone Barn at Allens Pond Sanctuary.  I have been holding workshops on nights sky in media photography for the sanctuary.

Acadia National Park, and other great location for photography.  These are some reads At Jordan Pond.

Night sky and milky way over the life-saving station, at Races Point, Province Lands, Cape Cod National Seashore

The USS Constitution under sail In Boston Harbor on the occasion of old Ironsides 100th anniversary of its fight with the British ship Guerriere.

Bass Harbor Head Light On Mount Desert Island.  A favorite location for photographers and I like this photograph, despite having mostly cloudy though skies.  However, for a brief moment the sun broke through the clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment