Monday, January 28, 2013

Yaquina Head Light Post Processed in Lightroom 4

In a previous blog, I show the many different variances that you could create to a single scene by utilizing Lightroom, Photoshop and plug-ins. In this blog, I am going to take you through the steps in creating the final picture only utilizing Lightroom 4. The photograph is the Yaquina Head Light located in Newport Oregon.

Step one, I adjusted the White Balance to Cloudy and changed the Camera Calibration Profile to Landscape.


Step two, in the basic panel, I adjusted the Contrast slider, then set my White Point and Black Point sliders.


Step three, in the basic panel, I then lowered my Highlights to bring the Histogram more toward the middle and then adjusted Clarity, Vibrance and Saturation.


Step four, utilizing the Selective Brush, first I adjusted the sky to the way I saw the sky in my mind's eye. Secondly with the Erase brush at a low flow I put some highlights around the clouds.


Step five, I then utilize the Graduated Filter to slightly darken the upper portion of the sky.


Step six, I then adjusted the Luminance in the picture to my liking and added Sharpening to a whole picture.


This is a comparison view of the before and after picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment