Thursday, May 23, 2013

Bumblebee with a Non-Macro Lens and Topaz Clarity

Bumblebee
I had sent my Nikon D 7100 to Nikon repair because I was having some focusing issues.  The repair service checked out the camera, updated firmware and clean the sensor, but could not find anything else wrong with it and returned it to me.  I decided to try it out with the lens combination that I was having problems with, my Nikon 70 to 200 F/2.8 with a Nikon 1.7 converter.  The rhododendrons in my condominium complex were blooming, so I decided I would go over and take some photographs of the blossoms and ended up following some bumblebees around and photographing the bumblebees gathering pollen.  I obtained a nice series of close-up photographs, which does show you that not always need a macro lens.

Topaz Labs has just released a new plug-in Topaz Clarity, which is available at a  for $29.99 until 5/31/13 using the discount code: claritynew at http://www.topazlabs.com/store/.  This new plug-in allows for intelligent enhancements in contrast and clarity with absolutely no artifacts or halos.  The plug-in has a number of presets and I utilize some of the macro presets to post process my photographs.  You can also try the plug-in free for 30 days before you buy it.

Here are a before and after pictures.
Bumblebee before using Topaz Clarity
Bumblebee after using Topaz Clarity
Bumblebee gathering pollen with an Ant getting into the act

Bumblebee

Bumblebee

No comments:

Post a Comment