|Diane's Baths. Shoes left at the base, while people when higher up onto the falls|
|Family, climbing on the rocks at Diane's Baths|
A little history of the site taken from the Official North Conway, New Hampshire Area Guide: " In the 1860’s, after building a house and barn on the banks of the brook, George Lucy built a water wheel powered sawmill. In the 1890’s George built a 12 room boarding house for tourists to visit the site. In the 1930’s Chester Lucy built a concrete dam with a water feed and turbine system to replace the water wheel used to power the sawmill.
Both the rooming house and sawmill were eventually sold to the US Government and have become part of the national Forrest land. Due to the deterioration, the buildings were eventually removed from the site in the 1960’s. Remnants of the site can still be seen today including the old cellar holes and parts of the dam system, feed tube and turbine gears used to power the sawmill."
Diana's Baths is located at 3405 West Side Rd. and there is a large parking lot, maintained by the U.S. Forest Service. There is a $3 a day fee to park in the lot. It is a short 6/10 of a mile hike up a gravel path to Diane's Baths