Monday, July 22, 2013

Close to home

Hornet
Remember, you do not have to travel far to find subjects to photograph.  Around your house and around your yard, there are many subjects that are interesting.  Over the past few days, I have been photographing birds, mammals and insects around my condominium.  Nothing rare in birds of mammals, but, I have found new to me species of insects.  A Silver Spotted Skipper was feeding on my bee balm and an interesting wasp, A Thin Waisted Wasp was feeding today on flowers just outside my door.  Keep your eyes open and enjoy what is close to home.


Silver Spotted Skipper

Black-capped Chickadee on a perch above a feeder on my porch

Tiger Swallowtail feeding in a flower


Yellow Jacket

Thin Waisted Wasp
Silver Spotted Skipper

No comments:

Post a Comment