Thursday, October 17, 2013

Upcoming Trip to Banff and Jasper National Parks in Alberta, Canada

No pictures today, for the simple reason that I have been packing for my trip coming up on Saturday to Banff and Jasper National Parks in Alberta, Canada with Greg Downing and E. J. Peiker.  We arrive on Saturday and leave the following Saturday.  Looking at the 10 day weather forecast, as of today, it's going to range from cloudy this sunny and temperatures starting out in the 30s to the mid-50sd during the day.  With that range of temperatures, I have to have multiple layers packed from thermals to fleeces along with the appropriate footwear.  We will spend a portion of the time in Banff where the itinerary is mainly to photograph some of the great landscape in the area but may do some wildlife shooting depending on what we find.  At Jasper, the main thrust of our photography will be wildlife, including elk, Big-horn Sheep and Moose, but also there are great landscapes also in the area.

Although I will have Internet access, time-wise.  I do not know if I will be able to write a blog.  However, if you follow me on Facebook, I will try to post some pictures every day.

So have a good week, folks, and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment