Saturday, November 2, 2013

The Trip from Jasper to Calgary

Well, it is now Saturday morning in time to get ready to leave for home.  Everything is packed and I am waiting for the bell man to come to take me and my luggage to the car.  I kept a camera and lens out so that I could photograph some of the sites that I did not do on the way up to Jasper.  In the morning light, a flight of Canada Geese flew overhead on their way to the pond.
Geese in Flight in the Early Morning Light
The bell man told me that on the second floor of the main lodge there was a balcony with a great view of the surrounding area.  After I had checked out, I went up to the second floor and took this panorama of the view.
Panorama of the View from the Hotel
Looking down the Icefields Parkway


The ride back to Calgary runs approximately 5 1/2 to 6 hours, so I had plenty of time to stop on the way, since my flight was not leaving Calgary for San Francisco until after 6 PM.  In San Francisco, I was taken the red-eye back to Boston to arrive on Sunday morning.






Once I was on the Icefields Parkway, my first stop was Athabasca Falls.  The color and power of the water coming over the falls was impressive.  I continue down the Parkway, after I finish with the falls then stopped and did a panorama looking toward Mount Edith Cavel.

Athabasca Falls

Athabasca Falls

Athabasca Falls

Mount Edith Cavel
The Animal Bridge


When I turned onto the TransCanada Highway, I took a picture of the bridge.  that was created for the animals to across from one side of the road to the other.

I made it to Calgary in plenty of time to go through US customs without a hassle and then relax before my flight.




Banff and Jasper National Parks  require a fee to visit, and the best way to pay the fee, especially if you going to be there more than 4-5 days is to buy the year pass.

Family/Group *
$ 136.40
Youth Individual (ages 6-16)
$ 33.30
Adult Individual (ages 17-64)
$ 67.70
Senior Individual (ages 65+)
$ 57.90

Daily Fees

Adult    $ 9.80   
    Senior    $ 8.30   
    Youth    $ 4.90   
    Family/Group    $ 19.60   
    Commercial Group, per person    $ 8.30   

Since I was there for eight days, I purchased the yearly pass, which is good to the end of October 2014 and will allow me entrance to any Canadian national Park that requires an entrance fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment