Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Photographing The Eclipse

Waxing Gibbous Moon April 14
I was at the Stone Barn and was able to see a portion of the eclipse. It was partly cloudy with fast-moving clouds which allowed decent photographs of the moon. I photograph the moon with some clouds in front of it and also in the clear sky. I did have to vary the shutter speed to obtain the correct exposure due to the differences in the brightness of the moon. I was able to obtain photographs as the Earth's shadow moved across the moon. However, just as the full eclipse started, heavy clouds moved in and the rain started. Therefore I did not obtain any pictures of the blood moon. Oh well, I will have three more chances over the next two years. It was fun trying anyway. The temperature was in the 60s but there was a stiff breeze blowing. For my pictures I utilized a Nikon D3s, a Nikon 500 mm f/4 lens with a 1.7 converter and manual exposure.

Full Moon April 15
Full Moon with Clouds

Approximately 1/4 Partial Eclipse

Approximately 1/2 Partial Eclipse

Approximately 3/4 Partial Eclipse

Almost Totally Eclipse, Then the Clouds Came in and Blocked the Moon



Remember DeNoise is on sale with a 50% discount http://www.topazlabs.com/aff/idevaffiliate.php?id=850&url=http://www.topazlabs.com/denoise

No comments:

Post a Comment