Saturday, October 4, 2014

Gatorland, Revisited

Woodstock in flight
About the only thing I can say about being sick with bronchitis for a week is that it is allowing me to re-keyword many of my earlier photographs, which lost their keywords when I switched from my original desktop to a new desktop.  However, what I have discovered was a number of photographs that I did not process.  Here are a few photographs from a Gatorland workshop that I did with Robert Amoruso of Wildscape Images.  It was an intense two days of photography, starting at 7 AM and going through to 7 PM, with a break for lunch and a lecture in the midday.

All the pictures were taken with a Nikon D300s, Nikon 200-400 mm F4 lens on a tripod.  I post processed the pictures first in Lightroom, then edited in Photoshop 1st utilizing the clone stamp and contents aware to remove blemishes and distractions, then I created a second layer and converting it into a smart object, and utilized my two favorite Topaz plug-ins; Clarity and Detail.  When I was finished I re-transferred the picture back into Lightroom.

Snowy Egret in breeding plumage

Tricolored Heron in breeding plumage

Great Egret fishing. In this picture the wings are blurred and I like it that way because it gives the sense of action

American alligator love

Great Egret in breeding plumage, back lit

Male Great Egret presenting a step to a female Great Egret

Limpkin on a branch calling

No comments:

Post a Comment