Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Around The Yard Macro

Since there is a possibility of heavy rain, thunderstorms and flash flooding today, exactly where right now is unknown.  If there are thunderstorms in the area, I will try to track them down and do some photography.  Meanwhile, I decided just to do a little bit of macro photography around my condo area.  My thought was rather than creating images with a lot of depth of field, that I would use a large ISO which would give me a very shallow depth of field and see what I could create.  I utilized Nikon D7100, Nikkor 105mm micro lens, handholding, with an f-stop 3.5 and a shutter speed of 1/4000, hopefully this should freeze the very slight motion that there was in the flowers.  The ox-eye daisy had a number of different flies on them.  There was a green bottle fly and a thick legged hover fly.  I processed one of the daisy photos in the style of the impressionistic painters.  So go out, think out-of-the-box and see what you can create.
Ox-Eye Daisy Processed in the Impressionistic Mode
Ox-eye Daisy With Green Bottle Fly
Thick Thigh Hover Fly
daylily

No comments:

Post a Comment