Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A dreary day

Today was a dreary day, with its starting out with snow, then turning to some freezing rain and then to rain. I spent a portion of the morning sitting by my patio door and looking at the birds coming in to feed on the porch. I cleaned the glass, both inside and out to help with my photography. The usual birds appeared, mainly slate colored juncos. However, a Carolina Wren kept putting in an appearance along with a few tufted titmouse's. The titmouse is would only stay still for a few seconds.
Of course, the squirrels had a get into the act as usual.
A blue Jay came close in the tree, I had hoped he would come onto the porch, but he wouldn't oblige me.  So I had a take his picture in the tree.

Junco jumping

Blue Jay

Carolina Wren

Carolina Wren on Feeder

Tufted Titmouse on weather station

Tufted Titmouse

I spent the rest of the day getting ready for my 12 day trip from San Diego down to the Baja following the whales.

No comments:

Post a Comment