Sunday, February 13, 2011

Allens Pond Bird Walk

Because I have been away, and have not posted my blogs in order, I will start adding them over the next week or so before my next trip to Vancouver Island.  I have many pictures to review prior to leaving. I finally arrived home late Friday night and Saturday morning I was out on a bird walk at Allens pond Massachusetts Audubon Sanctuary in Westport, Mass. 10 hardy souls were out bird watching with Paul Champlin on a beautiful, clear, sunny day to start off with. We birded the beach loop and the marsh. At the field station, there was a red shouldered Hawk, bluebird, and a house finch. We birded from 9 AM until noon, when a few of us left, while the rest continued for a longer period of time. Up to that point, we had totaled 36 different species of birds. As usual a great time was had by all.

Bluebird on fence

House Finch in grass below fnce

Group watching the sea ducks

Mute swan in an open area on the pond

Sanderling


Red-shouldered Hawk

No comments:

Post a Comment