Tuesday, August 16, 2011

St. George's School Tower

I had promised in my blog on Sachuest to describe what we saw across Sachuest Bay on the opposite shore. The most notable site is the tower at St. George's School in Newport Rhode Island. The morning that we were there, a fog bank developed and surrounded the tower.. I took a number of pictures utilizing my long lens.




After I downloaded the pictures into Lightroom, I felt that some manipulation of the picture needed to be done. So utilizing what I have been learning on on webinars from NAPP, NIK software and Topaz software I manipulated the pictures in Lightroom and in Photoshop to give different impressions on how I viewed the scene.



                                                              #1 Original



                                                                         #2 HDR



                                                             
                                                                    #3 Overlay





                                                            #4 Black & White





                                                               #5 Night Filter



Please let me know which one of the pictures you like best and why, thank you

1 comment:

  1. My favorite is #3 because it's has more atmosphere than #2 but the tower is still emphasized. #4 might be my favorite on another day!

    ReplyDelete