Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Full Moon

- DSC_5547-Edit February 07, 2012 NIKON D3SLast evening I went out scouting locations to utilize for my workshop on Moon photography tonight and settled on Gooseberry for the location to do the workshop photography segment.  I utilized Sundroid Pro app on my android phone, which not only gave me the times of moonrise, but also the exact location where the moonrise would occur.  With the Sundroid Pro app, you can also track the sun and the planets.
I set up my 300 mm lens so that I could take a series of photographs of the moon as it rose.  The reason for this was that I was planning to post process the pictures into a sequential panoramic picture. Here is the result.Moon Rise Sequence
I also utilized by 500 mm lens with a 1.7 mm converter on it to obtain a full frame photograph of the moon.
As it became darker and the stars appeared, I also photograph the constellation Orion. - D7K_3587-Edit February 07, 2012 NIKON D7000 I post processed the Orion picture with the Topaz new Star Effects And Creative Light Plug-In.- topaz star burst D7K_3587-Edit February 07, 2012 NIKON D7000

No comments:

Post a Comment