Friday, February 10, 2012

Moon Workshop

This blog is a report on the moon workshop.  It was supposed to be held on Wednesday, February 8, however, that night, the sky was completely overcast with heavy cloud cover and the moon was not at all visible.  However, the group still got together at Allens Pond Massachusetts Audubon Sanctuary Field Station for a presentation on Moon photography and had a discussion on how to set up the cameras, and other topics pertaining to photography.  The weather forecast for Thursday, February 9 was for clear skies and I set a meeting time was 7 PM on Gooseberry in the parking lot.  The reason for this is that the moonrise was scheduled for 7:39 PM (according to my Sundroid app on my android phone).  This would give us plenty of time to have the cameras set up and be ready for the moonrise.
- D7K_3603 February 09, 2012 NIKON D7000
Getting Equipment Ready
- D7K_3612-Edit-Edit February 09, 2012 NIKON D7000
Happy Group on the Beach Photographing
After meeting in the parking lot, attaching the cameras to a tripods.  We walked down onto the beach, utilizing headlamps and flashlights so we would not fall and set a tripods with the cameras pointing at the direction where the moon would rise.  That information, I also obtain from my Sundroid app.
- D7K_3615 February 09, 2012 NIKON D7000
My Star Photo
As the moon rose and everybody obtain their first picture, I had them check their histogram and make corrections to their exposure.  I spent most of my time helping the participants.  I did utilize my camera and nice shot lens to do some star photography, since I was using thirty second exposures, and after I push the shutter.  I could go continue to help the participants.
-DSC_0143  NIKON D3100 February 09, 2012
One of the Participents Moon Photo
moon pano-1
Composite Photo
After everybody obtain what they felt was more than enough pictures, we packed up and return to the field station for hot chocolate and to view some of the pictures  that were obtained on my laptop. I also demonstrated on how to make a composite panoramic type of picture.





- Moon light on water February 10, 2012_
Moon and Light Reflection on the Water
Everyone had a great time in the workshop, and they all felt it was a success.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment