Monday, October 15, 2012

Belted Kingfisher, Again

This past weekend I travel to Cape Cod to join a group of photographers photographing the beautiful landscapes of the Cape.  Because, I did not have to meet my group until mid-afternoon, I left the house early and traveled to Wellfleet Bay, Massachusetts Audubon Sanctuary located in Wellfleet, Massachusetts to see what I could photograph.  I spent most of the morning in the bird blind located on the left side Of Goose Pond, looking for subjects to photograph.  All I had was A Greater Yellowlegs, feeding in the pond and a Male Belted Kingfisher, that landed on a stump in the pond from where it flew to catch fish.
Belted Kingfisher (Megaceryle alcyon)
The Kingfisher stayed for about a half-hour, then left for almost over an hour and I came back again for another half hour.  It was worth waiting for.  I did obtain some excellent photographs.  As I had written in my blog about the belted Kingfisher in January of this year, it was a pleasure just to watch the Kingfisher's antics as it looked around for prey.  I was able to get pictures of the bird leaving the perch and returning to the perch.  Returning to the perch, the Kingfisher had a fish in its mouth.
 _D8C5776 October 12, 2012 NIKON D800Belted Kingfisher (Megaceryle alcyon)
 _D8C5785 October 12, 2012 NIKON D800Belted Kingfisher (Megaceryle alcyon)Belted Kingfisher (Megaceryle alcyon)
Belted Kingfisher (Megaceryle alcyon)
As I had previously stated in an earlier Blog http://photobee1.blogspot.com/2012/01/belted-kingfisher.html, kingfishers of fun to observe and I always feel lucky when I obtained decent photographs of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment