Sunday, February 2, 2014

Adjusting Photos Utilizing Photoshop

I have posted the picture of the Northern Hawk Owl with its wing folded so only one I was peering out at you on various sites. Originally of the I just did post-processing to bring out the colors and depth of the picture. On one of my sites that I posted a few people liked it but thought that the trees that were behind the owl took away from the picture. When I first shot the picture I was with a group of people and when I was tracking the bird I only had about 10° on either side to track otherwise I would have gotten portions of the people on either side of me in the picture.

Since I have been home with a slight cold this week, I decided I would show my readers two different methods of changing the picture utilizing Photoshop CC.You can also utilize Photoshop 5.

The first method is to isolate the bird on a background of sky and clouds. No matter where I am photographing, if there is an interesting sky and clouds I take pictures of of them and keep them in a background folder so they can be utilized in a bland picture.

Step one
Step two
Step three
Steps 4 5 and 6
Step 7
Finished


The second method is to remove the unwanted objects from the picture.
Step 1

Step 2
Steps 3 and 4

Steps 5 and 6

Animated GIF showing the original and the post processed pictures
If you have any questions don't hesitate to email me and I will get back to you as soon as possible to help you




50% off Tripods and Monopods

No comments:

Post a Comment