Thursday, July 3, 2014

Fourth Of July Weekend at Allens Pond

It is the Fourth of July weekend coming up and besides, fireworks, there is a lot to do, Arthur willing, especially if he will stay out to sea.


On Saturday, July 5 from 2 to 5 PM my photography exhibit's "Photographing the Natural World."  opening at the Stone Barn,786 East Horseneck Road, South Dartmouth, MA.  I will be giving a presentation starting at 3:30 PM.  All my pictures are available for sale with a percentage going to Allens Pond.  So to all my friends, I hope to see you there.

I have had a love affair with a pair of piping plovers over the last six years and have printed a limited edition photograph of the family from this year.  This was the first year that I was able to get photographs of both adults and all three of the chicks at the same time, so I could tell each one apart.  The prints are signed and labeled, and will be available for $25 each, with half the proceeds going to Allens Pond to help them continue their excellent work.


Also at the Stone Barn on Friday and Saturday morning from 9 to 10:30 AM, there is Yoga at the Stone Barn.

On July 5 from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM.  There will be a Beach Ramble, Starting at the Field Station Field Station of Allens Pond Wildlife Sanctuary, 1280 Horseneck Road Westport, Mass.


Also, Allens Pond has 7 miles of trails, which span beach, fields, wetlands, pond and marsh.  So if you don't want to get involved in a program you can just come and walked this beautiful land and observe the " Natural World around Us."

No comments:

Post a Comment